Monday, 21 November 2016

Stampin'Up! UK Oh Happy Day Card Making Kit Review

crafting kits, card making kits, oh happy day kit, stampin up kit review, oh happy day kit review, stamping, stamps, craft, crafts, crafting
crafting kits, card making kits, oh happy day kit, stampin up kit review, oh happy day kit review, stamping, stamps, craft, crafts, crafting

This Christmas Gift Idea is for all you crafty people out there. Personally I love crafts, being able to make things I find it so fun. I was kindly gifted the Oh Happy Day kit* from Stampin'Up! UK. The kit includes everything you will need to create 20 cards. In the box includes instructions and pictures of the types of cards you can create. It all comes in a nice cardboard box which I love because you can make one card, package it all away nicely and grab it again when you feel like it. I'm  definitely one of those people that do find instructions hard to follow (flat pack furniture grrr..) and it took me a while but I eventually got the hang of it..sorta. I found that copying the picture of the cards much easier and fun to follow and create. This box is great to get everyone involved (I did) to have family time away from everything and create some special cards.

crafting kits, card making kits, oh happy day kit, stampin up kit review, oh happy day kit review, stamping, stamps, craft, crafts, crafting

Everything in the box is precisely cut so it's easily popped out and takes no time at all, all you'll need is some scissors to cut the string provided and some form of glue (a Pritt Stick worked well for me). I had a lot of fun putting all the crafting bits and pieces together to create a card.

However the stamping part is where I struggled a bit (this definitely takes a bit of practice if you can do this in one well, then 4 for you Glen Coco). As you can see from the attempts pictures above some of them didn't quite come out as clear as I'd hoped but can be easily filled in with a black felt. I love the way the stamps are peel-able and reusable, I just think maybe I would've liked the ink box to be slightly bigger for the more bigger stamps as I found it tricky to get some of the stamps covered in the ink properly (as you can probably tell by the pictures above) However I did find that if you peeled your word stamp off, dabbed it in the ink and applied to the stamp block (which sticks insanely well and doesn't budge at all, so good!) it works a lot better, hey practice makes perfect right?

crafting kits, card making kits, oh happy day kit, stampin up kit review, oh happy day kit review, stamping, stamps, craft, crafts, crafting
crafting kits, card making kits, oh happy day kit, stampin up kit review, oh happy day kit review, stamping, stamps, craft, crafts, crafting
crafting kits, card making kits, oh happy day kit, stampin up kit review, oh happy day kit review, stamping, stamps, craft, crafts, crafting

Overall I (and members of my family) had a lot of fun competing with each other seeing who could make the best card (in case your wondering I lost..sister won) and think this would be a great gift for families to do together, working together and getting some pretty cards out of it!

*PR Sample

Sx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it means a lot! :) x

© It's The Blue Bow. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig